The plaintiff, who is suing NBC and Horatio Sanz, has spoken out again, this time in an affidavit naming several Saturday night live Cast members who allegedly saw Sanz sexually assault her when she was 17 at a 2002 SNL After the party.
Jane Doe sued Sanz and NBC last summer, alleging the comedian groomed her from the age of 15 and sexually assaulted her SNL After party when she was 17. The complaint also cites messages in which Sanz allegedly wrote that if Doe wanted him “metoo,” she had “all the rights.” (Sanz has denied Doe’s claims through his attorney.)
Doe remains anonymous due to her age at the time of her allegations. On Wednesday, she filed a new affidavit alleging that several cast members – including Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch and Seth Meyers – were not only present, but also in direct view of her and Sanz while he was handling them SNL After the party. Doe claims she was given access to such gatherings by NBC employees as a teenager on at least 12 dates.
The most explosive allegations in Doe’s newly filed documents date from May 2002 SNL Afterparty where Sanz allegedly attacked Doe in front of his co-workers. It was reportedly the second afterparty of the night, and Doe claims in her affidavit that she and Sanz were seated on a couch in the center of the room facing the entrance.
“Both at those parties and afterwards, Sanz kissed me, fondled my breasts and buttocks, and digitally penetrated my genitals,” Doe writes. “He also rubbed my vagina [the] on top of my clothes.”
Doe’s affidavit states that she and Ana Gasteyer made eye contact while Sanz fondled her, at which point “Gasteyer’s jaw dropped, her arms shook, and she was visibly shocked.”
“Besides Gasteyer, I saw Fey and Dratch looking at us and laughing,” Doe continues. “When I looked at Fey and Dratch, who were giggling excitedly and talking with their hands over their mouths while looking straight at me and Sanz, they jumped and got behind other people.”
“When I looked at Fey and Dratch, who were giggling excitedly and talking with their hands over their mouths while looking straight at me and Sanz, they jumped and came up behind other people.”
Also in attendance, according to the affidavit, were Seth Meyers and Maya Rudolph — who also allegedly stood “right in front of” Sanz and Doe “faced us, and Rudolph looked disgusted.”
When Doe Sanz expressed discomfort to her, the affidavit said, “He dismissed my shock and embarrassment and told me to move on with him despite everyone staring at us.”
“I made repeated comments that I wanted to leave,” she writes. “I was obviously uncomfortable with the situation.”
“I repeatedly remarked that I wanted to leave. I was obviously uncomfortable with the situation.”
NBC denied liability for Sanz’s “after hours” conduct in a memorandum filed this April in support of the company’s motion to dismiss Doe’s lawsuit. When asked to comment on Doe’s newly filed response, an NBC spokesperson told The Daily Beast, “We believe plaintiff’s claims against NBC are without merit and have filed a motion to dismiss.”
Sanz’s attorney, Andrew Brettler, issued a denial on behalf of his client last year, calling Doe’s claims “categorically false.”
“However many times she repeats her ridiculous claims or tries to snare other high-profile names to generate media attention, they will always be wrong,” Brettler wrote at the time.
When asked by The Daily Beast for comment on the new affidavit, Brettler referred to his original statement. Representatives from Dratch, Fey, Meyers, Gasteyer and Rudolph did not respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.
Editor’s Note: This story has been updated to reflect that the legal age of consent in New York is 17.